Information | Registration
On-line, drop off and fax registration available 24 hours a day. Drop off and faxed registration forms received after 4:30 p.m. will be processed the next business day.
Monday: 8:30 am - 7:30 pm
Tuesday - Friday: 8:30 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 12 pm
A drop off box is located in the front driveway at the Alcott Center.
Registration by Fax: (847) 459-5741
Please call (847) 850-2100 with any questions.
Click Here for a printable Registration Form. Please Note: This registration form is only for programs that are advertised with a registration code. Other programs, such as youth sports teams, summer camp, preschool and private lessons require registration in person at the Alcott Center.
Click here for a Refund/Transfer Request.
Click here for a Request for Past Receipts Form.
Click here for a Credit/Debit Card Change Authorization Forms.
In order to register online, you must first set up an account. Click here to fill out the form to set up your family's on-line registration account.
It will take up to 7 days for your account to be ready for online registration.
If you register online and cancel online, you must call (847) 850-2103 to expedite a refund, otherwise the money will be credited to your account to be used towards future registrations.
Click Here for online registration.
Click here for more online registration information.
Click here to view last season's program guide.
*Online registration is not available for all programs. Please check the current season program guide for dates, times and locations. Not all programs listed on-line are offered every season.
Other Important Information:
Click Here to read the disciplinary action guidelines and behavior policy.
The Park District's registration process was developed to permit fair access to Park District programs and services for all our residents.
- Complete your registration form(s) including second choice programs and signature. Unsigned forms or incorrect payments will delay the registration process.
- Make sure that all program codes indicate the classes you want. If the code is incorrect, this may delay your registration process.
- Mail-in registrations are processed according to the date they are received, not by the postmark date.
Second Choice ProgramsSelecting a second choice increases the likelihood of getting into a program. Write your second choice in the shaded sections of the registration form. Please pay the total of the highest fees. If your payment is less than the necessary total, your registration cannot be processed. If the program you want is full, we will place you in your second choice program. If both programs are full, you will be placed on a waiting list for your first choice program, and your fee will be refunded.
Waiting ListsWait lists are automatically created when we have more registrations for a program that we have space. Your receipt will indicate if you are registered for a program or on the waiting list. We will process refunds once we are certain that we cannot find an opening for you.
- Full refunds will be issued for any program cancelled by the Park District.
- Participants may request refunds for programs up to 5 business days before the program's first meeting. In athletic programs and leagues, the program is considered to begin with its first practice.
- Refunds received with less than 5 business days notice will only be issued for a medical problem, when accompanied by a doctor's note.
- Refunds for trips and contractual workshops will only be issued if the spot can be filled from the waiting list.
- A $5 administration fee will be charged against your refunds, including medical problems, to cover clerical and administrative costs. There are no administrative fees charged when a program is cancelled by the Park District.
- Fees paid by credit cards will be refunded through charge account credits.
- If you register on-line and cancel on-line, you must call (847) 850-2103 to expedite a refund, otherwise the money will be credited to your account to be used towards future registrations.
- Refund processing takes 2 weeks.
Original receipts are issued upon registering for a program. The Buffalo Grove Park District will reissue past receipts when a Receipt Request Form is completed. There is a $5 fee per request. Receipt Request Forms are available on our website or at the Alcott Center. Once the fee is paid and the form is completed, please allow 5 days for processing.
Program Changes & Cancellations
- Programs are sometimes cancelled or altered due to low registration, or changes in staff, or facility availability.
- If your receipt indicates a program has been cancelled or altered, please contact the Park District right away at (847) 850-2100. We may be able to transfer your registration to another program of your choice.
- You are entitled to a full refund for a program that has been cancelled by the Park District.
Park District AdvantagesIf you live in the Buffalo Grove Park District you are entitled to:
- Registration for limited programs before they are opened to nonresidents.
- Pre-registration for certain continuing skills programs.
- Purchase of summer and annual pool passes not available to nonresident.
The boundaries of the Buffalo Grove Park District and the Village of Buffalo Grove are not exactly the same. Some neighborhoods at the edges of Wheeling and Arlington Heights are in Buffalo Grove Park District. Other neighborhoods within the Village of Buffalo Grove are outside the Park District. If you are not certain whether you qualify as a resident, check your property tax bill or contact our Registration Office at (847) 850-2100.
Nonresident Fair Share FeesBuffalo Grove Park District residents make significant contributions to the operation of the agency through their property taxes. This contribution is beyond the fees they pay for programs and services. The fair share fee policy was adopted by the Park District's Board to equalize this financial burden. Fair share fees will be 25% more than the resident fee up to a maximum of $100.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can all Buffalo Grove Park District programs be registered for online?
No, there are some registrations that are processed only through our main office.
How will I know what programs are available online?
In the seasonal program guide, classes marked with this graphic indicate on-line registration is available. Also, when browsing the programs on-line, registration availability will be indicated.
If I register online will I know if I get into a program immediately?
Yes, the registrations are in real time. If a program has an opening when you complete your registration you will be registered, and you will receive confirmation that your registration is complete and payment has been received. If a program is closed you will be able to sign up online to be on the waitlist.
Are the programs that are available online still entered through a lottery process?
No, programs available online will be processed in the order they are received.
Are camps, youth sports leagues and preschool available for online registration?
No, these programs are not be available for online registration.
Do I need to do anything ahead of time in order to be able to participate in online registration?
Yes! You need to complete an information form (see details below). You will also need your Family Account Number, as well as each of your family member’s Participant Identification Codes, which we will provide you once we receive a completed form.
How do I sign up?
There are a few ways you can do this:
1. Forms are also available at the Alcott Center.
2. Click here to print an online account set-up form, and mail or fax it to us.
Will I need a credit card to register online?
Yes. The Buffalo Grove Park District accepts Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
Do I have to register online?
No, we will still take registrations at the Alcott Center via the fax, mail or in person.